It is truly amazing how fast one get used to running water. We have had 2 days of constantly running water... what a luxury! Now the anxiety concerning standing water begins... there are 2 large Rubbermaid bins filled with water and 7 large jugs for use when the water turns off. Should I empty them? I know that the water is sure to turn off again though I have no idea when. If I empty them then I have no reserve. If I keep them the water will start to smell. If I dump the water, sigh, what a waste of water! The bin also needs to be completely dried so it is not just a matter of emptying the old water and putting in new. Last time I used the water to fill my washing machine and then refilled it. These kinds of ridiculous decisions tend to give me brain-freeze. Just Do It!! That's my housework motto... don't spend so much time thinking about it and figuring out the best method if it freezes your brain and keeps you from actually doing the task! So, here I go, tackling the standing water issue head on.
By the way, anyone have a good remedy for the smell in sneakers that were worn while puddle-jumping? The smell is from the dirtiness of the water jumped in not from sitting too long... tried washing and drying but the smell remains. Tried putting baking soda in them and letting them sit... no change. Flummoxed!
Wow, dear friend. My heart goes out to you. I have no idea what I would be doing. You must be gaining a new understanding of trusting in Him for ALL your needs. How we don't think of needing water in the land I am in. I am surprised I even buy drinking water, when sink is perfectly fine!
ReplyDeleteJason has had sneaker problems in China when getting into nasty water. (You wouldn't think your husband would be the stinky shoe in the house, but that is his youthful heart) We could not get rid of the smell, it was pretty much buy new ones or live with the smell. Wearing the shoes int he winter was better since there was less sweat. One thing I just thought of is a soak in vinegar and baking soda. No idea, if it would even work.