Thursday, June 28, 2012

Redeemed How I Love to Proclaim It

  This week we are studying the Kinsman Redeemer and the picture it gives us.  I'm so glad to have a redeemer because a week like this reminds me very forcibly why I need a Redeemer.  With extra visitors and the water cutting off unexpectedly, and hot, hot, hot I, for one, have become frustrated and am reminded that "I am a man of unclean lips and live among a people of unclean lips".  Let me tell you all about it...
  On Sunday the water was off from 3pm-9pm unexpectedly.  Then we were told the water would be turned off again on Tuesday at 3am.  It was turned off Monday night at 10pm instead and wasn't turned on until Wednesday morning at 7.  It went back off after 2 hours and the maintenance management said it would not be back on until very late Thursday evening.  You can imagine.  Ahh! I did have a half-filled bin of water still and 3 jugs. Thankfully water shortages do not typically impact our drinking water as we have it delivered.  It is hot here also so the children were very sweaty and cranky and kept asking when they will be able to take a shower.  Bill and our 2 visitors got in very late (around 2am).  I felt terrible that they have to come here with this water problem going on.  It was very overwhelming and the fact that we were so hot and cranky made it seem worse than it really was.  What do you think? The water turned on sometime Thursday morning so everyone got showers and felt so much better.  Amazing what being clean can do for you!  Of course, the water turned off again about 12:30 but I was prepared.  It came back on this morning as expected (sort of) but after only 1 hour it turned off again!! Yikes!  I hadn't had time to totally refill!  This is the end of my water saga for now as it is time to post!  I feel like I am typically so spoiled. I realize that if I am at the end of my rope then I need to work on lengthening my rope!
   Just for fun... here is one of our adventures this week... 
  Tuesday night I took the kids to the mall for some AC and for dinner and clean bathrooms (i.e. running water; it's a nice mall, thankfully!) and we had such an adventure getting there.  The on-ramp to the bridge that crosses the river was blocked off and our bus driver had to take us on a detour.  So we ended up going through the tunnel and then down a parallel road to the one we wanted.  We had to figure out where exactly we were.  When we figured out we had just passed the street we should have gotten off at we asked the driver to let us off.  We were in the interior lane of an 8 lane road stopped in traffic.  He said yes!  We carefully got out of the bus hugging close to it to avoid the cars driving past us and went in front of the bus to a crosswalk.  Then we waited for the 4 lanes on the other side of the street to empty and crossed over.  Thankfully I had 2 other adults with me to help with the children or I don't know what I would have done.  We then made our way through a park (did I mention that it was raining this entire time?) and walked through a partly abandoned amusement park laughing the whole time (what else could be done at that point but laugh).  We then got on the street we wanted and walked to the mall crossing at an intersection next to it. What a relief to finally make it to the mall! I had thought it would be a relatively quick outing but I guess I should have known better! But we did make it there and back again and it was nice to be in a clean, cool place for a little while!
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment